
Day 3 in New York was a Sunday, so we decided to start off the day by finding the temple. It is right on one of the corners of Central Park. It is neat to see the Angel Moroni right there in the middle of the city. The bottom floor is where the baptismal font is located, and the chapel is on the third floor. The ordinance rooms are above that. Pretty cool.

Here we are entering Central Park. I never realized how HUGE this park is. I had it pictured as a much smaller thing.

I had to take a picture of the carriage rides, just because I have always seen them in the movie and thought they were cool.

This sign said that it was a quiet zone.....so I am being a dork and reminding everyone to be quiet!

There were lots of neat places for pictures in the park. There were lots of biking paths, and areas for baseball playing, fishing, boat riding, etc.

We walked along Central Park until we arrived at the Museum of Natural History. This statue is located right out front.

I had to take pictures of the elephants because Kaden has always liked elephants.

In the movie "The Night at the Museum", it shows the dioramas with the little people, so I had to take this picture.

I am being ferocious! And dorky....I know!

I took this picture so I could tease Greg. My high school mascot was the Highland Rams, so I am showing my sense of Ram Power spirit!

I had to include pictures of the dinosaurs because of the movie also. We also had tickets to a star show in the museum. It was one of those theaters where the entire ceiling is the screen, and the sound shoots out through speakers in your seat. I thought it was pretty interesting since I teach about stars, the sun, and our moon in the third grade. I must admit, I did close my eyes during part of the show though.....we had been running like crazy! Kris claims that Bev and Kassi had their eyes closed too though!

We walked back through Central Park to get to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Here are Kristen and Kassi on the top of a castle that is right in the middle of the park. It is next to a Shakespearean Theater.

Yes! We saw fifth avenue in New York. Later, when we went to walk along this street, it was roped off and had police because of bomb scare.....gotta love New York. The New York natives didn't seem to think it was out of the ordinary!

Here is the front of the Met!

The Egyptian displays were pretty amazing!

Here is Kris checking out some of the displays. I have tons more pictures, but didn't want to take the time to upload all of them!

I thought the details in these windows and carvings were amazing!

After the Met, we stopped by a vendor on the corner and shared a hot dog. I had to be able to say I had eaten food from a corner vendor in New York City!

You have to look sideways at this picture, but after the Met and dinner, we took the subway to see Grand Central Station.

While we were waiting for the bomb scare to be cleared away, we visited FAO Schwartz. They have shows there with the people that play the piano from the movie "Big". They were pretty talented!

As we walked along 5th Avenue, we passed in front of Trump Towers. Kris was looking down at her camera and almost ran into a man walking out on the sidewalk. When she looked up, she realized it was Donald Trump himself heading out to tape his season finale of The Apprentice. It was fun to see the show later that night in the hotel room and know we had seen him on his way there. I told Kris she should have ran into him and played hurt so she could have sued the man....Just kidding!

We then headed to the "Top of the Rock". It had an amazing view!

They had a fun room on this floor. Inside were all these tiles on the walls, floor and ceiling. As you walked in the room, a color would appear above your head, and then follow you where you walked. Kris found out that if you hit your bum against a wall or ran, a huge trail of the colored lights would appear. So, of course I was running through the room....and it was fun!....until the security guard had to come and ask me not to run.....and I wonder why my third graders are sometimes crazy!

We stopped by the M&M store in Times Square, and the ferris wheel in the picture below is from the Toys R Us store. Luckily, in the Toys R Us store we finally found chocolates shaped like the Statue of Liberty, which is what Kaden had asked me to bring back for him.

I thought it was pretty cool that even the police station on Times Square had neon lights! Too funny! Everything is bright and glittery at Times Square.
1 comment:
You ate off a vendor eh? haha just teasing! Fun pictures.
Post a Comment