
This week was stake camp for our young women. The Laurels went up on Tuesday, and the Mia Maids and Beehives went up on Wednesday. Tuesday I was doing some shopping in Brigham when the boys called to tell me that Greg was having some back problems. He has had herniated discs in his back for lots of years, so that is not new, but he had done something to his back at practice on Tuesday and was in a lot of pain. He spent Tuesday through Thursday mostly on bed rest. Well, I took girls to camp on Wednesday, but I just helped them do some set up and then headed home to take care of the husband. I guess it had rained on Tuesday night up there, but it was beautiful when I left on Wednesday. They camped at Cinnamon Creek (you go through Logan, Hyrum, Paradise, Avon, then past Porcupine Dam). Well, I guess Wednesday evening the heavens opened up and poured! They had rain all night and in the morning they had ice and snow! Yuck! I drove up again on Thursday to drop another girl off, and I have never seen such a rag-tag group of girls! They were so tired and everything was soggy. They had called and had me bring up some drinks (the camp's drinking water had gotten contaminated) and a couple of dry tents. I was really sad Greg was laid up at home, but OK that I had to miss the storms! We took Greg in this morning to have an MRI done. He goes to a specialist on Tuesday. Yesterday at the doctor's office they put him on steroids to reduce the inflammation, and at least he is up and moving around today. Poor guy! He has had his share of bad health the last few months!
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures! It rained when our ward went there last year as well.
Post a Comment