
Last night was our ward temple night. Because it is also the one year anniversary of the bishopric being set apart, the bishopric had dinner in Logan before the temple session. We picked up the Robison's and headed over to Logan a little before 5. As you probably know, it had been raining and sleeting all day, and the roads to Logan had been closed a couple of times, so I was nervous about road conditions. We arrived at El Sol at 5:30 for dinner. It was great to visit with everyone. We headed to the temple afterward to be at the 7:00 session. The temple was packed ! I am sure part of the reason was because the temple just recently re-opened after a couple of weeks for cleaning and maintenance. We were in time for the 7:00 session, but because it was so full, we were told we had to wait in the hall. Well, they led that session out, and we were next in the chapel. They started to take another session up at 7:15 (instead of 7:30), but as our row began to get close to the front, they said that session was now full. We had Greg ask if maybe we could do sealings or something else, because we were nervous about time. The Robisons have a new baby at home, and we were concerned about how late we would be keeping Mishae at our house on a school night. The workers told Greg they were going to quickly squeeze in another session. We finally got to go. I know the temple is supposed to give you a peaceful feeling....but I was starting to stress! During the session, a gentleman left for some reason and didn't come back, so they had to hold the session for a while during which I am sure they were trying to decide if he was coming back. Then later, another gentleman's nose started to bleed, so they had to hold the session while he was gone getting that taken care of. It should have been a great time for contemplation......but I was so nervous about how late it was getting. We then had another hold up before we could do the last part of the session, because there was a line-up at the last part. After the session was done, a lady from our ward came through that had been inactive for a while, and this was her first time back to the temple for some time. As I saw her tears and joy, I felt really bad that I had been so impatient. The workers at the temple were never flustered (and I am sure they have things to do too). Everyone was so kind and sweet. We didn't get home until 10:30, and Mishae was really tired, but she said the boys had been really good. I guess I didn't need to stress. I guess through my rambling, what I mean to say is: I just need to quit worrying about things outside my control and enjoy and count my many blessings.
3 comments:
I need to do that too! I think it is our Mortal side shining through!
I'm reminded of that every day! You're not alone, it looks like we are all in the same boat. : )
Yes, we all need to remember the many blessings we have even when things don't work out like we plan. That happens to me all the time... you know the story about my house....
Post a Comment