Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ward Ski Night

Our ward apparently has a traditional ward ski night. The four wards that have their activities in our stake building get together and rent out the Beaver Mountain ski lodge for skiing. We were new to the ward last year, and we don't ski, so we didn't attend. Well, we repented and went this year. They give the ward's discounted lift tickets and rental fees. They also offer lessons for $5. The families all bring up treats and have a pot-luck type supper and treats and games in the lodge. We went up with the intention of having the boys take ski lessons. Greg had been skiing once when Ryan was in mutual, and claimed he wouldn't go again. Well, after he got the boys set up with their gear, he decided to give it a go also. He rented gear and also took the lessons. The boys thought it was OK, but weren't overly impressed. Greg actually really got into it this time though. He ended up going down the mountain quite a few times. We took Maddie with us to let Dave and Kris have a date night (we figure with the new baby coming soon, that won't be in the cards for awhile). Maddie kept me entertained in the lodge, and she also entertained lots of other people too! The boys took her outside the lodge sleigh-riding for awhile, and she thought that was great. It was a great way to spend the afternoon and evening.

6 comments:

Hess Bunch said...

Way to go Greg . . . maybe you could convince Rich to give it a try again.

Jamie Kent said...

Sounds like a really fun time. I on the other hand hate skiing, It might just be because I suck at it! Sleigh-riding is more my style! That was sweet of you to let Kristen and Dave have a date, you are so thoughtful.

Julie said...

What a fun idea someone came up with. I don't ski either, & it's so expensive from start to finish that I've never been adventuresome enough to take a whirl - especially with the whole family. It sounds like a very fun time! I'm anxiously awaiting new grandma photos. Kristin makes pregnant look good.

Alison said...

How fun is that. I love skiing I just haven't been since I was SINGLE. It sounds like fun even if you don't ski. Maddie is so cute I am sure she was great entertainment.

Anonymous said...

What a way fun idea! Unfortunately, not a skier... but it sounds like tons of fun.

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

Thanks! We had fun, so I'm glad you did too!