Today in Stake Conference, President Rod Merrell was the concluding speaker. He was speaking to us about following the Savior and His example. He asked to us examine our lives and think about if we are treating our family members as the Savior would have us do; if we are treating people in our business dealings as the Savior would have us do; if we are playing church basketball as the Savior would have us do (he always has a great sense of humor!). About half-way through his talk, he told us he was going to do something he had never done before, and might never do again. He sang the following primary song:

If the Savior stood beside me, Would I do the things I do? Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true? Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, Would I say the things I say? Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away? Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more rev’rently if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure? Would His presence give me strength and hope and courage to endure? Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily if I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me?
Watching over me, watching over me, He is always near me, though I do not see Him there, And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care, So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be if I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me. I will be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be if I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.- President Merrell has a beautiful voice, and it was so incredible! I got goosebumps listening to him, and the Spirit was so strong! Tyson started singing softly along with him as he sang. It made me feel good to know that he was listening and touched by the music also.
3 comments:
Oh that is one of my new favorite primary songs. It is so beautiful! Once again, love that Tyson-how could you not at times like that!
That is my favorite song too... since we sang it in primary last year. We sing it in young womens all the time too. Glad you had a good meeting. oops I almost left one of the o's out of the word good.
This is one of my favorite songs. I bet it sounded awesome. Don't you love those moments when you see that your children are also touched by what is being said or sung? Tyson's awesome.
Post a Comment