Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Madison's Birthday- 7!

Sunday Kaden helped me teach primary since Greg was out of town.  It was awesome to have him help.  Tyson had hit a homerun that morning during the first game at Cooperstown and they were going to be playing again during church.  I had my phone with me in case Greg sent me texts to update me on how the game was going.  I thought I had turned my ringer of, but I hadn't.  My phone is generally set on driving mode, so the phone talks and tells me, "New text message from.....and tries to pronounce the name of the sender."  A gal I have taught with at school texts me during church.  Her name is Crystelle.  Well my phone pronounces it with a long "i" sound.  I am sitting in church and loudly my phone starts to loudly say, "New text message from Christ...." and that is when I was finally able to get the volume off.  Can you image what the people around me were thinking?
 Monday morning Kaden and I took off for Erda to wish Maddie a "Happy Birthday".  I had more cute pictures of her, but I realized they have the girls Kris is over in them so I can't put them on the web.  But believe me, this little girl is adorable!  The two girls decided to come home with me.  It was later than I had expected when we left, and we stopped in West Jordan because Kaden wanted to look at some puppies he had found on KSL.  Jayson and Kaden ran to look at the puppies while the girls and I hung out with Kassi.  We got home around midnight.
 Today I was out doing lots of yard work.  The recent rains have made the weeds and lawn grow.  I was also cutting back some plants that had bloomed and needed trimming.  Kaden came out to help.  When he went to get some gloves he came out of the garage screaming.  A skunk was in the garage.  So, we had to call the animal control officer to come and help us.  Thank goodness he was a great guy. Madison was following him around talking his ear off.  "I have never met an animal control officer.  I bet you see lots of animals.  I love animals.  I have a dog named Baxter.  I have a stuffed animal that is a Cheetah.  My sister has a stuffed giraffe....and on and on."  He kept listening and talking to her while he got ready.  He was using hornet spray on the skunk.  I was keeping the kids on the driveway, and didn't realize that probably wasn't a great idea since he probably didn't want to run out of the garage towards the noise.  The officer came over and knelt down next to Maddie and told her since she thought being an animal control officer was so cool, he was going to need her help.  She ate it right up! He told her to take all of us to the opposite end of the house and make as much noise as possible until he waved at her.  She was so excited to help.  She stood on the end of the house practicing her cheer skills and yelling her head off.  Kenzie helped me weed and helped Kaden mow.  The officer was able to get the skunk out.  He said this is the time of year the mom skunks kick their babies out, and they try to find easy food (aka our garage and cat food).  He told us to leave our garage doors down because if there was one baby skunk nearby there was probably more.  Later we came in and Kenzie was having a bath.  I was listening to her play.  There wasn't a lot of water in the tub.  I brought some clothes in my room to fold.  All of the sudden I hear screaming.  Kenzie thought the jet button was how you let the water out of the tub.  Since there wasn't  enough water to run the jets, water was shooting out of the tub clear over to the door where our toilet is.  There was immediately about an inch of water on the floor by the time I could get the jets off.  Kenzie looked shell-shocked.  She asked me if I was mad.  I told her no, but we had a swimming pool on the floor.  She started giggling.  Funny kids!




No comments: