4 years ago
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Spring Weekend
Friday night I was able to go on a much need date with my husband! We went to Logan to eat at Gaucho's Grill, had the DVD player in the car looked at, bought some new pillows for the couch downstairs, and stopped for a WalMart run. That may not sound like an exciting date, but it was fun to just be out with my husband, get to talk, and hold hands. We came home and he removed the back pillows from the couch downstairs that were falling apart and stapled up the back of the couch and put the new pillows on it. It looks so much better.
Saturday we got up and started cleaning blinds and windows before Greg and Tyson headed to Salt Lake to a practice. Kaden and I kept busy cleaning and getting things back in shape. Lucky for me, Kaden wanted to earn some extra money, so he worked hard.
When Greg got home he finished up some outside windows for me I couldn't get to, and then we headed over to a couple of ball parks to watch a few kids we know play. One of my students was playing in a game so I got to watch him. Wednesday, Tyson had gone with me to watch 3 of my school kids play soccer.
Later, Greg and Kaden went to the priesthood session of conference. I ran Tyson out to Bear River City to watch some of his Logan friends play ball, then we ran to the store and came home and did some yard work. I got some weeding done, and Tyson helped me plant peas and carrots. When Greg and Kaden got home they got the lawn fertilized.
This morning I got up early to get cinnamon rolls made. It is a tradition on conference Sunday at our house to take cinnamon rolls out before the first session to the neighbors. It is kind of fun. We looked out the window this morning and there were birds everywhere eating the fertilizer. Since it was April Fool's Day I decided to call Carter and Madison and see if I could fool them. I told Carter there was a truck full of chickens that had spilled out all over his front yard (thanks Jamie for the idea). After he had looked and I told him April Fools he responded that I should look in my front yard at all the pumas out there. Funny kid! I told Madison that all the horses had got out at her house and were in her back yard. She looked and laughed when I told her April Fools and then wanted to tease Grandpa. Funny kids! They make holidays fun!
We have enjoyed conference today. Greg and the boys grilled steak outside between sessions. It has been a good day. I love getting the opportunity to hear the messages from the apostles and prophet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment