Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

Thursday the little boys and I headed to Pocatello. My mom had another vein surgery that morning. We hung out at her house most of the day. She is a very tough lady! I can't believe all the pain she handles. We brought Carter and Kami home with us that night. Ryan and Kristen thought Kami would be asleep before we got home...but nope! She was wide awake and ready to wrestle with grandpa! The next morning we got up and got the house cleaned, laundry done, and the Easter eggs dyed. I took some pictures but accidentally erased them off my camera! We went to lunch with Grandpa at McDonalds. We then got some grocery shopping done. By the time all the rest of the family came we had the turkey cooked and food ready to go. Carter had requested that they roast hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner Friday night. After dinner, Greg went out and hid the eggs for the big people Easter egg hunt. He has a really good flash on his camera, so you can't tell that it was pitch black outside. I had bought those glo-stick bracelets,s so the eggs were all illuminated. Greg was sitting on the dark porch and I didn't think he had enough light to take a picture...so I posed....I shouldn't have! Ryan and Kristen were the big winners. Kristen found the $10 egg, and one of Ryan's eggs had $5 in it. Tyson also found one of the $5 eggs. Saturday morning we headed to the Tremonton egg hunt. Greg is the Kiwanis president this year so he was in charge of it. The kids all got a good share of candy. Tyson thought it was dumb that he was too old this year to participate. Kaden helped Greg give out candy in exchange for eggs. After the hunt, we came home for the little kids to have their egg hunt at our house. I was glad the weather cooperated. It snowed a bit on Friday, so I was nervous, but it was a beautiful spring day. One of the biggest hits was the bubbles. We all laughed a lot watching the kids! The girls were all trying to catch the bubbles, while Carter was using his light saber to stab the bubbles. He is such a boy! The four-wheelers are always a hit at our house. I wish I had the pictures I had taken. Kassi and Jayson made really cute deviled eggs that looked like chicks hatching, and their veggie tray they brought looked like a bunny. Kris made some really good white chocolate covered cereal, cheesecakes, and peanut butter cups. I made turkey salad croissants. We all ate too much and had fun. I love when the whole family gets together!! Dixie and Baxter both got to come this weekend. I don't think they loved our garage, but they were good sports. They both loved playing fetch with the plastic Easter eggs.

No comments: