Sunday, July 10, 2011

While They Were at Scout Camp.....

While Greg and Kaden were gone to scout camp, Tyson and I kept busy. That Monday and Tuesday I had my last two classes for my reading endorsement. Tyson went and spent those two days at the Nelson house with Bryson and Mishae. Thank goodness for good friends! Wednesday morning I went walking with Jamie. I found out there had been a mini-cheer camp and her daughter Kenzie was performing in it. I went and watched and then we went out for lunch. MaKayden thought Tyson needed a bib, and since he looked so awesome, MaKayden decided to wear one too! Later, Tyson and I drove to Salt Lake for a Sidewinder's team party. They played some wiffle-ball, had a slam dunk contest, good food, and a dunking tank. Tyson was quite the eagle eye throwing the ball at the dunk tank. This is his coach Brandon right before Tyson dunked him. I was really happy that Jayson and Kassi showed up to the party and hung out with us. Tyson and Brandon after Tyson dunked him in the dunking tank. Here is Tyson and some of the boys playing wiffle-ball right before the party started. The party was at the Swapp's home. We drove home Wednesday night. On Thursday morning, Tyson's basketball coach called. They were playing in the Big Mountain Jam in Salt Lake and wanted to know if Tyson could play. The tournament was on 98th South at the South Town Expo Center, and Tyson had practice on 110th South. So Tyson and I drove to practice for baseball, and then hurried over for him to play basketball. After the games, we slept at Jayson and Kassi's house. Friday morning, Jayson woke Tyson up bright and early and took him fishing. They caught one incredibly ugly catfish which Jayson insisted on cooking. It wasn't the best tasting fish, but it was OK, and Jayson was proud to be the mighty fisherman. I was glad this was Jayson's first day off after finishing his internship for the summer. He helped me go shopping for Dave, Kristen, and Maddie's birthday presents and take Tyson to a batting cage. It was good to have him around for entertainment. We were planning on leaving Salt Lake late Friday night, but then found out the basketball team had more games on Saturday. So, I ran to the laundromat, washed clothes, and we stayed at Jayson and Kassi's house another night. Thank goodness for hospitable relatives! After Tyson's game I washed his uniform out in the sink. When I ran upstairs to change into p.j.'s, Tyson was making himself a bowl of cereal. Jayson and Kassi had gone to Layton to help my brother and sister-in-law pack up for their move to Boise. When I came down, he was just finishing up. The next morning, his uniform wasn't quite dry. I decided to take in the backyard to let the morning sun dry it out. As I opened the back door, imagine my surprise (and horror), when I saw what Tyson had done. I guess he poured himself a bowl of cornflakes first and didn't like them. So, he opened the back door and threw them out. Have you ever tried to clean wet cornflakes off of anything? They are sticky like glue! They were all over the steps, a cooler, and the hose. Gross! Tyson's team did end up winning the tournament. We ended up getting home later than Kaden and Greg, which ended up being OK, since they had a chance to put most of their gear away and get showered before we saw them!

No comments: