Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Fun

We have had a jam-packed couple of weeks since school got out. The first Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday after school was dismissed I spent at a Gifted/Talented workshop in Logan. Luckily, Kris, Dave, and the girls came over and kept the boys entertained while I was away. This past week we have done some really fun things. Most of the pictures I have are on Greg's camera, and since he isn't home right now, I will post a few items I have from pictures on my phone, and I will make another post at a later date with some other fun things we have done. On Thursday, June 18th, Kaden, Tyson, and I drove to Pocatello to take my Dad a Father's Day gift and take him to lunch. It was great to talk to Mom and Dad, and even Ryan had a chance to stop over and have lunch with us. After lunch, Mom ran to get her hair done, so Dad and I and the boys went over and stole Carter for a couple of hours. We took him to McKees Petting Zoo. Carter liked all the animals, but the biggest hit was the little horses that you put a quarter in to ride. As you can see in the first shot, the first one he rode he held on for dear life. By the second horse and second ride, he had an arm in the air yelling "Yee-Haw", and by the last ride, the hat was off and swinging in the air as he yelled. He is a crack-up. We also ran to Power's Candy to get Sugar Daddy suckers for our ward's young women to make their dads boutonnieres out of tomorrow. While in Pocatello, I found out Dave and Kris were able to get press pass tickets to the Miss Utah competition in Salt Lake. So, I hurried home to get Tyson to baseball practice, and Kris and I took off to Salt Lake. It was really fun being there for the competition and to see the two Tremonton girls compete. On Friday, the 19th, Greg had a UPA meeting is Salt Lake. Kaden, Tyson, and I decided to tag along. While Greg was in meetings, we ran to Toys R Us to try and find a magic trick Kaden has been wanting (no luck, but we found Maddie a birthday present). We then decided to go and visit the Heritage Center which is up by the "This is the Place" monument. We had stopped at the monument before when visiting Hogle Zoo, but we had never purchased admittance and gone in to see the village. It was really cool. We rode a train around the entire place first, just to see what it had to offer. We visited one of Brigham Young's homes. They had a man there pretending to be Brigham Young that told us all about the dairy farm that one of his wives ran. We saw some of the pioneers original log cabins. One of the cabins was smaller than one of my boys' bedrooms. They told us that the family who lived in it had 7 children! Talk about cramped quarters! We visited a bank that had all types of money in a case. I guess banks used to print their own currency that looked different from other banks. We had fun in the school, writing on our slates while the teacher taught us. There was a petting zoo, pony rides, all sorts of shops, a hospital, a tithing office, etc. It was really interesting! Kaden was being sort of camera shy for some reason, but Tyson was cheesy. In the first picture, Kaden and Tyson are showing off arrowhead necklaces they made in the Native American area. In the second picture, Kaden is hanging out with some of the baby animals by some of the cabins. In the third picture Tyson is posing in the petting zoo area. In the last picture, Tyson is getting ready for the little train ride. Our last stop at the village we were going to make candles, but the wax was having to be reheated. Kaden was sad, but we will have to go back another day. We came home and did yard work. Today, Ryan, Kristen, Carter, and Kamdyn came and spent the day for a Father's Day celebration. We went over to Logan to Willow Park and to do some shopping. The weather was incredibly rainy, so some of or plans were a bomb, but we still had fun. The boys' pants, socks, and shoes, were all soaked after walking through the zoo. Tomorrow is Father's Day! Happy Day to all you dads out there! I sure do love all the dads in our family!

No comments: