I made Tyson take a picture of me driving down the interstate. He kept asking me if it bothered me that my hair was blowing.....and I informed him no way! We left snow in our yard....and we were driving with the top down and the sun shining! It was great! We got to the hotel and Tyson thought it was great to hang out with a bunch of the boys from the team before games the next day.
The first two games did not count toward the tournament. They were exhibition games. They played two teams from Washington. They beat the first team and lost to the second. Tyson pitched in the first game. They brought him in with the bases loaded and down by a few runs with one out. By the time he finished pitching, we were ahead and no one had scored off of him. The first two games were a the Field of Dreams complex. That is sure a beautiful facility.
The boys after two games a the Field of Dreams.
The next morning they played here in Chandler at the Snedigar Sports Complex. They played at 8 in the morning. Luckily, Tyson had got to sleep early the night before so he was well rested. I think the games, the swimming, and the heat (along with a cold) tired him out.
Tyson pitched really well. He pitched against the So Cal United. He pitched the first three innings and when he left the mound we were up 3 to 0. Unfortunately we lost 4 to 3. The team had a couple of hour break after that, and then played a team from Texas called the Maize. We lost that game 7 to 6. I am still nervous about Tyson having to slide with his knees, but he is playing well. On the way to Snedigar Field, I turned the wrong way on a street. I hadn't written down the address for the field, so I called Greg. Amazing that he could direct me to the field from Utah on his computer. I am missing Greg and Kaden, but it is sure nice to be where it is warm and sunny. We like driving around with the top down on the car. We always have passengers. The other boys on the team think it is cool to get to ride with us.
Wednesday night and last night (Friday), Tyson went with coaches to some spring training games. Last night I had Tyson take the camera with him. His pictures aren't the best, but I am glad he at least took a couple.

Today, Saturday, the boys play at 1:15, so we are hanging out at the hotel for a while. Tyson slept in kind of late since he was at the game late. I think he is having lots of fun.

















No comments:
Post a Comment