Monday, March 18, 2013

Arizona Final Two Days












Saturday morning we got up early for games.  The boys played really well the first game and won by 15 runs after three innings.  They then played again.  It was about 93 degrees outside.  Our team is not used to the heat, and after warming up and playing a game, and then waiting for about a half an hour for the next game, you could tell it was taking a toll.  The next game they ended up losing by one point.  It was disappointing to be done, but I was proud of them.  Tyson had a really good tournament for saying he had just got back from having surgery.  He pitched 8 innings during the tournament and only gave up one run.  He hit a couple of doubles and a bunch of singles.  Greg had texted me and said Tyson and I needed a picture with the car....so we obliged.

 After the games, the whole team went to dinner at Dave and Busters.  The boys had fun eating together and playing lots of games.




 Some of the fun prizes that were won.





We knew we would be flying out on Sunday afternoon.  Tyson slept in for a while and then did some homework.  We then drove to Tempe to check out the Tempe Beach and some sites downtown. 







 We took a little paddle boat out on the water to see the sites.  It was really fun.






 As we were paddling, Tyson saw this dead fish and kept taking pictures of it.  I am not sure what the allure was......but he is a 12 year old boy!







They were having a bunch of St. Patrick's Day celebrations in Tempe.  There were lots of interesting people dressed up! Tyson and I had fun people watching.  Tyson took a picture of this sign that told serious "Wiener Eaters" to  turn left.  He thought it was hilarious!  We took the car back.....sigh.....and then flew home.  It was great to see Greg at the airport.....I had missed him.  Kris and the girls came to Tremonton and hung out with Greg and Kaden while I was gone.  Dave had gone with his brothers to Spring Training.  We also got a picture while we were gone of Carter.  He had put a string around his tooth and attached it to a door to pull it out. 






No comments: