Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another Weekend of Fun



Thursday morning we got up early and headed to Salt Lake.  Dave and Kristen had to go and do a presentation there for their work and needed someone to watch the little girls.  We were thrilled to be able to do it.  I loved that when we first got there Kenzie's first thing she said to me was, "Grammy, I am so hungry and thirsty, and they won't even get me a slushy!"  They had passed a 7-11 on the way to their appointment and she had wanted to stop and get a slurpee.  They told her they couldn't, so she had told them she would just tell her grammy.  Loved it!  So, of course, we went and got a slurpee and then went and played on an amazing playground at a new school across the street from where Dave and Kris were speaking.  Afterwards we went and had lunch.  On the way to eat, Maddie had said it was stinkin' hot outside.  So Tyson told them that they were both stinkin' hot because they are so beautiful.  That started a chant of Kaden is stinkin' hot, Tyson it stinkin' hot, etc.  I don't know why it was so funny (probably because Kenzie has that cute three year old way of saying things) but when Kenzie said, "Grammy, you stinkin' hot!" It totally cracked me up. Then Kaden, Tyson and I went to the first of Tyson's basketball games for the day.  Tyson was playing for the Aggies in the fifth grade division as well as for the Pump N Run in the sixth grade division.  The first game was for the Aggies.  Tyson had about 18 points and tons of rebounds.  He was playing awesome.  The second game right after was for Pump N Run.  Tyson again played great.  At one point during the game, Coach Jones yelled at me from the bench, "Sherri, I have never seen him move like this!"  I think his knees are doing better, but he was sure hustling and doing a great job.  I watched the first half of his third game, and then Greg showed up.  He had hurried to catch the game from working in Preston.  He took over watching and halftime, while Kaden and I hurried to Erda to watch Kenzie and Maddie in their dance recital.  I wasn't sure that Kenzie would dance.  She doesn't like a lot of people staring at her and is shy of strangers.  I should have listened to Kris.  She said she knew she would dance because she loved it so much.  Kenzie lit up the stage.  I think she is for sure going to be an amazing dancer.  She knew the dance better than any of the girls, and they have only been dancing for a couple of months.  She had so much stage presence (just like her momma!).  When she was done dancing, she kept telling me, "I want to go and do it again."  It was so cute!  Maddie did a fabulous job too.  She was beautiful and did a great job.  I loved that all the girls in Kris and Dave's house were chanting her name when they started.  She could sure tell she was loved.  I wish I would have thought to have taken pictures of them.  Tyson's teams won their third and fourth games on Thursday. Friday morning both teams had games that we had to miss, because Tyson had a doctor's appointment I had been trying to get him in for for over a month.  Greg and Tyson did drive down afterwards to let Tyson play for the Aggies on Friday night.  Kaden had mentioned that watching Tyson's games was as fun as watching paint dry, so we stayed home Friday night.  Kaden had invited a bunch of friends over to play night games.  Tyson and Greg stayed the night and Jayson and Kassi's house, and got up early for a baseball practice.  Kaden and I drove down for the championship games at 11:00 and 12:30.  The Aggies took first place against the Heat team.  The funny thing is that three of the Aggies and six of the Heat are who make up the Pump N Run Team, so it was wild seeing them battle it out.  The Aggies won by 29 points for first place.  The Pump N Run played right after in the sixth grade division.  They played a team called the Venom from Las Vegas.  They were a tough team. Their center was about 6 foot 1.  He was really good and made Tyson really work to get shots.  They ended up losing by two points at the very end.  It was a well fought game.  They are gearing up to go to Florida in a couple of weeks.

This is Mason, Tyson and Ryland, who all play for the Pump N  Run also.  Mason is only in the fourth grade, so he also played in that division and won a medal in it also.























No comments: