Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day Three- Fall Break

On Friday, we decided to go to Frightmares at Lagoon. The boys each took a friend with them. Kaden took Caleb Jensen, and Tyson took Jackson Lish. The weather was perfect. I dropped Greg and the boys off at Lagoon and then headed to Salt Lake to see Addie (the girl from my class) at Primary Children's. On my way, I called my mom and found out my niece's daughter, Maddie, was having surgery at the same hospital. So I was able to see Melissa and Duane also. Addie was doing amazingly well. She teased that she doesn't even have to dress up for Halloween. After being up all night with her daughter, worrying about her son, worrying about her two little ones at home, I was so impressed that Addie's mom was more concerned about contacting the driver of the truck to let him know that Addie was doing well. When she was life-flighted Thursday night, things were not looking so good. She has three fractures in her skull and had bleeding. After a blessing, and a lot of prayers, her brain did not swell, and she was doing wonderful. She had a huge smile on her face. It sure made me feel better to her. After visiting, I headed back to Frightmares with the boys. Greg had Kaden take a shot of the two of us after riding Wicked. It is one of my favorite rides at Lagoon. Our boys sure have good friends. The boys had a good time, and were really kind and respectful. It was a fun day for fall break.

No comments: