
As you can probably tell from the pictures...Tyson's lamb this year was really large. Luckily he was able to man-handle it pretty well. He loves to wear the cowboy hat to the fair. Makes me laugh considering we are so NOT a cowboy type family!

Kaden's lamb was really light but extremely feisty this year. There was no way he could have shown it without a halter because it liked to jump up in the air a lot. Since the weights were so opposite, it meant for a long time at the lamb show and at the auction, but both boys did well, and the sheep sold (thanks to Dad and the Leader). You can see the disgust on Kaden's face as he was showing his lamb!

This photo of Greg appeared in the Preston Citizen paper since he is now the new publisher of that paper as well as the publisher of the Leader. It has been really hectic having him be so busy. I am rapidly finding out how much I took for granted his help with the boys before- now that he is not in town nearly as much. I am not sure how he is going to keep running both papers, but I guess he will learn how to adjust. The whole family was in the fair parade on Wednesday of fair week. I was with McKinley Elementary School's student council, and Greg and the boys were with the Leader. I had had some health problems the week before the parade, and was just feeling pretty chipper and able to walk the parade route. After the parade Greg, Kaden and I and 2 coolers were sharing the four-wheeler back to the Leader. Greg kept telling Kaden to drive faster....traffic was letting out after the parade. Kaden thought he was going to Main Street, Greg decided he should turn a block earlier and grabbed to turn.....which meant that the four-wheeler made a sharp fast (30 mph) turn and I went flying off into the intersection. I am sure I made a pretty sight! Anyway, I had a good limp for a few days and have lovely bruising that is coloring up my leg. I think my pride was hurt worse than anything though. Pretty embarrassing moment! Kaden was so upset and kept repeating how sorry he was. It was just a weird accident.

Thursday night of the fair the Kiwanis Club needed to help out the Lions Club run the hamburger stand at the rodeo grounds. Kaden helped Greg and I for a couple of hours before he went and rode rides with his friends. When Tyson got done with football he also came and helped for a while. After 5 hours of cooking and assembling hamburgers we were full of grease! I think I had to wipe off my glasses so I could see at least 4 or 5 times. Here is Greg making a "juicy Lucy" hamburger once the crowds had thinned out and he wasn't having to cook 40 burgers at a time!

Friday night Ryan, Kristen, Carter and Kami came to spend the night. We were celebrating Kaden's 13th birthday on Saturday with family so they could all come and watch the lamb auction and watch Kaden clog at the grandstand. My pictures are horrible, but Kami thought it was great fun to play jack in the box with Kaden. We would all sing the "Pop Goes the Weasel" song and she would make sure Kaden popped up. Funny girl! Jayson and Kassi also came Friday night and helped me cut up massive amounts of peaches for the fresh peach pie Kaden wanted for his birthday treat. Saturday, Dave, Kris, Madison, Makenzie, and the 10 girls and associate came and also spent the day with us. It is great when the family can all get together. I felt bad my parents had to miss the auction this year, but mom had blood clots in her leg after her surgery, so it was best she stay home. Kaden got a new bike for his birthday. I can't believe we have a teenager in our house again! My, how time flies!

We are now into the first week of school. It has been so hot! My classroom is hovering at about 90 degrees every day. It makes for some pretty exhausted people at night! Kaden is right in the middle of his soccer season, and Tyson with his football season. As you can tell, we have been pretty busy, but it is good. Keeps us out of trouble I guess! We are really blessed to have jobs, a wonderful family, a home we love, a ward we think is great and good friends. I need to make sure and realize how many blessings we have when I start feeling stressed!
1 comment:
Sherri! It has been a long time since I have "caught up" with your blog. :) Good luck with the school year!
Post a Comment