Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Evening of Wheat and Beet Days

We headed over to the park to let Greg take some pictures for the newspaper. The wind had picked up and it was getting kind of chilly, so I left and ran home to get jackets. On my way back to my seat, my cute shoes (flip-flops) broke. About that time they announced they wanted people to sign up for "Minute to Win It." Kaden, Tyson, and Makayden Kent all went to sign up. Next thing I know, I hear my name called to come and participate. Kaden, thinking he was funny, had signed up Greg and I. I made Kaden go and substitute himself for me, since there was no way I was going out on the dirt infield in bare feet in front of a huge crowd. Tyson and Greg both got called down later to participate also. None of them won the cash prize, but they sure had fun. The fireworks were awesome, but 3 or 4 went off WAY too close to the ground. I hope no firemen were injured. It was fun to get to sit with friends and watch the fireworks and visit. I love small town celebrations!

2 comments:

Jamie K said...

Thanks for letting Makayden hang out all day and for taking such good care of him.

Hess Bunch said...

Thanks for giving us a call. We had fun hanging out like old times. :)