
Life has been so hectic lately, that Greg and I have not had much time for dating. We decided to set aside Saturday night to actually go on a date to celebrate Valentine's Day. I found a cute website that had fun dating ideas. After ball games on Saturday, we came home and Greg saw a poem I had left on the door for him letting him know I was glad to be "tied" to him. As he opened the door there was string strung all over the house that he had to follow. When he got to the end of the maze, there was a card with a pile of gifts wrapped in brown paper and string. It said something about brown paper packages tied up in string, here are a few of your favorite things. After he opened his packages (pictures to come soon), he pulled out a funny ring he had found in Jayson's old car and knelt down to ask me to marry him again. He had the boys primed to say, "Oh! He went to Jared's!" They thought they were hilarious.....and OK...they were! Then he gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure. For our date night we stayed with the "tied" theme and went out for Thai food. That was a first for both of us. Greg picked a safer menu item, and I tried to be brave and tried a curry. Greg was the smarter one! Then the two of us walked 25th Street in Ogden and talked (and held hands-my favorite part). It was so fun having time for the two of us. We ended the evening by going to the movie. We saw "Just Go With It". It was pretty funny. We laughed hard...and Greg tried not to laugh because he has had a sinus infection and starts coughing.....but he still had to laugh. It was fun. I am so thankful that I am even more in love with my Valentine each year that passes!
No comments:
Post a Comment