Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer is Winding Down

Summer is winding down....and I keep forgetting to take pictures! Dang! This past weekend we went to the Malad tournament for the final Bear River Cubs games of the season. The boys played quite well. The team played two games on Thursday night, the boys won one and lost one. Friday they didn't play until a little later in the afternoon, so Tyson and a couple of other boys on the team got to go to Cub Scout Day Camp. When we got to Camp Fife to pick them up, Tyson was just getting ready to go down the zip-line, so I got to watch him do that. He loved it of course! We headed to Malad. Mom came to the game also, Kaden and Tyson were so excited to see her. The Cubs lost that game. That put them on to play at 7:45 a.m. on Saturday (for the record, I was not excited about that game time!). The frustrating part of this early game was that the other team chose not to pitch to Tyson at all (not even once!). The boys won that game and then lost in the bottom of the 6th the second game by one run. Tyson hit two home-runs out of the park during that game. His first time up to bat there was one runner on, and the second time up to bat, there were no runners on. They ended up losing 4-3. Bummer! I know Greg took some end of the year shots, so when he has time I will post some of his. Sunday Jayson and Kassi invited us to their home for dinner. They had church until 4. We showed up and had a yummy meal and then headed over to a park near their home. (By the way, their house is turning out really cute...they have worked hard!) Dave, Kris, Maddie, Kenzie, their assistant, and the girls from the home where they are working all came and met up with us. They had some intense wiffle ball action going on! It was nice to get to meet all the new girls and see what a great job Dave and Kris are doing with them. It was nice to get to spend some time with family on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks for organizing it all Jay and Kassi!

2 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

I am kind of sad August is here. I enjoy summer!

Anonymous said...

looks like you've been having a great summer! Talked to my Aunt Thelma from Poky and she says to tell you all hello!