Time seems to be flying by so fast. Last Monday night we were able to have the Pierson/Hodge/Stevenson clan over for dinner. It was fun to catch up with everyone and visit. Tuesday night for mutual we had personal progress and a planning meeting. Wednesday Greg had baseball practice until almost 6. I put in grades for the end of the trimester for a few hours. Not a very exciting night! Thursday night I had school and then my nice friend Peggy colored my hair for me. Greg had a picture he had to take and then got to be a witness at a wedding for a couple in our ward. Friday night we hurried and got the housework done, and then Ryan, Kristen, Carter, and Kamdyn came to spend the weekend. It was lots of fun to have them here. Saturday morning was the beginning of the little boys'Junior Jazz basketball tournament. They won their game at 9 a.m., so they played again at 11. They also won that game. Saturday night they had Jazz tickets for being part of the league. Greg had extra tickets and wanted to know if we all wanted to go. Kristen and I opted out and went shopping instead. Their tickets were on the top row of the arena. Here is a picture of Kaden and Tyson with a boy from their team, Kyson, who rode with us.

I bought the boys all some annoying noise makers to take to the game with them. It probably wasn't very nice of me.....but I didn't have to listen to them! Kristen and I had fun shopping at the Gateway, and Kami was an angel. What was really fun this weekend was that Kami actually really liked all of us. She would laugh and pull this cheesy grin that was adorable.

Here is a picture of Carter with the boys at the Jazz game. We left the Jazz game and Greg had promised the boys a treat, so we stopped in Centerville for ice cream. We didn't get home until after 11. After we got unpacked, Greg remembered he had the thought for his 7 a.m. meeting. I shared a saying I heard at a conference I went to recently. "With what we get, we make a living. With what we give, we make a life." He went in to his office to make handouts for the morning. Well, that was a good idea....except we slept in! At 8 a.m. I got a text from the YW president telling me she wasn't going to make it to church and seeing if I was going to be there. Greg jumped up and saw he had accidentally set his alarm for 6 p.m. We did make it to church at 9 though. After church Dave, Kris, Maddie, and Kenzie came over. We all had dinner and visited for awhile. Carter had decided he was going to stay at our house Sunday night. Ryan, Kristen and Kami headed home (since we didn't have school for teacher prep day on Monday). After Maddie had a nap, she came back over to spend the night too. I ran over to the school for a while to help Nikki Fitting make a banner for Tyson and Brenner's class for their 3rd grade program. When I came home, the kids were all downstairs playing.

Greg went down a little while later and this is what he found! As you can see, Maddie having a nap made is so that she didn't think sleeping was a great idea. Greg brought her upstairs and it was close to 11:30 before we could get her to sleep. She kept wanting to go down and wake Carter to come up with her. This morning the boys were all up first. Carter came in and tackled Maddie while she was sleeping. Instead of reacting, she just wrapped her arms around him and started hugging. Carter yelled, "No Maddie....I am not hugging you! I am tackling you!" It was really funny! Such cute grandkids!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the tackling story! I so miss that little man right now, Kami does too. She keeps crawling into his room and playing with his toys and looking for him. Poor thing. She knows she isn't an only child!
You seriously have the cutest grandchildren ever. We absolutely loved listening to Carter tell us all about his birthday party, and Kami's grin melts your heart. Maddie and MaKenzie too know just how to wrap themselves around everyone's fingers. You truely are one blessed grandma. ;)
Cute pictures! Miss Nikki Fitting is so fun! I am glad you could help her :) Looks like you had a great first week of March and last week of February!! You do have cute grandkids, I agree with Melissa. I will always laugh at the time we watched Chipmunks and Maddi telling me about how there were 3 girls and 3 boys. I also loved Carter's story about how his dog ran along the car to get to the movie! Cute you all are!
Post a Comment