Saturday, January 23, 2010

What happened to getting to sleep in?

I thought weekends were the time to catch up on our sleep? We have had a busy week....Monday was the Martin Luther King holiday, but we spent it going to Greg's aunt's funeral. Monday night I spent dipping pretzels and grinding up stuff for ham salad, then printing programs for New Beginnings on Tuesday. Tuesday after school, Kaden had play practice and piano lessons, and I made ribbon sandwiches. Then we had New Beginnings for our ward young women (which was incredibly wonderful due to us having incredible young women in our ward). Wednesday after school I was headed over to pick up Kaden from clogging, when I realized I had a sore throat. I came home and began to feel worse. I made dinner for the family (they got chicken fettucini alfredo since they love it, and I don't....and I didn't feel like eating). By that night, I realized I must have strep throat. I had a fever and felt horrible. Thursday morning I went to the doctor's office and found out I was right....they gave me a shot in the behind...and I headed home. Greg called and asked me to go and switch him cars so he could take my car in and get a new headlight. On the way home in our huge snowstorm that had dumped a foot of new snow on top of the snow we had already stockpiled.....I felt his truck sliding and put it right into a snowdrift that I couldn't get out of! I had to call Greg and with the help of a neighbor's truck and a chain, they pulled it out. The good news is that I have a patient husband who doesn't yell at me for being a dingbat! Thursday night I was supposed to attend class, but I called in sick. Friday I went to work, but by the end of the day, was exhausted. Greg took the boys to the high school basketball game. This morning we had to leave home by 7:45 to get over to Tyson's basketball game in Hyrum. As soon as it ended, we had to skip the endgame talk, and hurry back to Tremonton for Kaden and Tyson's Junior Jazz basketball game. After the game we headed over to the Verizon store to meet up with Kris. Her phone died this week and she needed a different one. She took mine, and I got my upgrade that I was due for.....unfortunately the store was packed so we were there forever. We left and grabbed some lunch and were then just in time for a baseball parent meeting. We left that and barely had time to grab some groceries before Greg was due to go to the high school to cover the hi-steppers region competition. We attended that and got home late tonight. Bear River took first place and it was pretty exciting. Kris and Madison met us there...and Maddie kept us entertained! She is so funny to watch as she mimics the dancers. Needless to say...the Saturday house cleaning did not get done! So, tomorrow we have early morning church.....so we have to get up early again...I shouldn't complain...Greg's meetings start at 7 a.m. We found out that next week Tyson's has two games in Hyrum and they start an hour earlier! I am afraid I can't see any sleeping in time anywhere in the near future!

3 comments:

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

It was so fun to go with you! Thanks!

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel any better I don't get to sleep in either. I hope you are feeling better. But I did get a good laugh out of the shot in the bum. I don't think I have had one of those...well ever! See you next weekend!

Jamie Kent said...

I am not excited about the early games next week either!