Saturday, January 9, 2010

January

Another week has sped by. The boys are both playing basketball. Kaden and Tyson are both playing on a 5th grade Junior Jazz team that Greg is coaching. They have practiced a few times this week and had their first game this morning. They won the game with a score of 15-12. They play two 20 minute halves. Yes....this was one of the lowest scoring games I have ever seen! Both boys did a good job. Last night Greg and I went and saw the movie "Sherlock Holmes" and went to dinner at Wingers. It was nice to have a date with the cute hubby! I really liked the movie....it was funny...intense...fast-paced...a good mix. We have seen a lot of movies this season...more than usual, and there are still more out there that I would really like to see. We have seen: We took the two little boys to The Christmas Carol. I really like it...but the ghosts were really scary! Greg and I went on a date to The Blind Side. It is a great movie. It is based on a true story. We need to take the boys back to see this one! We went and saw Avatar over Christmas break. Jayson and Kassi went with us and the two little boys to see it. I wasn't sure if it would be good or not, but I loved it. The show was almost 3 hours long, but the time flew by. Tyson didn't even fall asleep during this one, which is amazing for him! Alvin and the Chipmunks Part II was not one of my favorites. Greg had said he would rather shoot himself than watch it.....but we took Carter and Madison to the show with the two little boys, so he went along as a good guy. It was pretty stupid...but the kids seemed to enjoy it. There are still more good movies out there right now....I guess they saved up lots of good movies for winter when we are all wanting WARM entertainment!

2 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

I loved Shelock Holmes too and Blide Side and the Christmas Carol was better the second time I went. Alvin and the Chipmunks was okay. I still want to see Avatar. I am gald you are having a fun movie month!! :)

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

Better you than me to go to the Chipmunks! :) Thanks for taking her!