Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer Has Flown

I am laying in bed with my computer on my lap this morning. I got up at about 7:00 and went and grabbed it and came back to bed. When Greg got out of the shower and came in to finish getting ready for work, he laughed at me. I told him I am refusing to get out of bed early, as this is probably the last day I can get away with it. Where has the summer gone? I love my job teaching, but I love the summers and all the fun I get to have while not working. This summer has passed WAY too fast! We have done a lot of fun things this summer, which has not been good on the budget, but we have sure had fun. Both boys have played on baseball teams, Kaden on a city league team that played here in town, and Tyson on a traveling team, which means we have been all over. He played every Saturday in different towns in Utah, and they also played in a Soda Springs tournament, which can I just say, the hotel accomadations in that town are not very wonderful.....I might actually think camping is preferable to them (and we all know how I feel about camping!) We have been to St. George, Kanab, Zion's Park, the Grand Canyon, Boise (twice- once to visit Greg's mom, and once for my family's reunion), Pocatello (to visit my mom and Ryan's family), Lagoon (with cousins from my side of the family), Seattle, Walla Walla, Portland, Salt Lake (Trolley Square and Gilgal Garden), I have been to girl's camp and cub scout day camp, Greg has been to scout camp.....it has been so jam-packed, I think that is why it has flown by so fast!

2 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

I feel very much the same as you!

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

Funny you should mention that. Dave and I were talking about how you guys have been EVERYWHERE this summer! :)Ha ha ha..