Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Last Few Weeks of Summer are Here!

This week has been very fun but busy. We have been trying to fit in a lot in the short time left of summer. Football practice has been every night and the sheep walking has been going on full force. Tuesday night we had a service project to get our stake center ready for the temple dedication today. Our ward YM/YW were in charge of cleaning the parking lot. I really didn't think it would be a hard job.....Wrong! There was tons of gravel and dirt, and you would be surprised how big a parking lot is when using a push broom on the whole thing. Thursday I decided to stay home all day, because the boys wanted to spend the whole day playing. At one time, we had ten boys over playing in the basement with them. It sounded a little crazy around here, but I kept reminding myself that summer is almost over! Thursday afternoon we went over to North Park Elementary to their Back-to-School registration. Both the boys got to meet their new teachers, and I think they will both be great. Thursday night we took the YM/YW to the Martin Harris Pageant. It was my first time watching it, which is kind of weird when you realize how close to Clarkston we live. Kaden went with me to the pageant, and Greg stayed home and took Tyson to football practice. Friday we had to run to Ogden to take Tyson to the doctor who sees him for his allergies and asthma. We stopped before the appointment in Clinton to pick up two new kitties to help us control the mouse population around our house. Kaden has a little white kitten he named Snowball. Her picture is kind of blurry, because Snowball moves around more like it is a blizzard. She never holds still, and really does not like to be held much. Tyson's kitten is striped and he keeps going back and forth from calling her Tiger, to calling her Thunder. You might wonder what happened to the last kitty, Louie, that Carter got for us. Well, we are pretty sure that the foxes around our house got her. We are hoping there will be safety in numbers this time! Tyson's doctor appointment went well, and they think they have his asthma under control quite well right now with his medications. Saturday was Tyson's first football game. He did really well. I know that for a fact...because at least twice I saw him sack the guy with the ball...other than that....I really don't understand football that well! Saturday afternoon we washed all the windows in the house, and gave the whole outside of the house a "hose-down". Everything was so dusty because of the crops being harvested in the fields right outside the house. Saturday evening, I ran and did some much needed grocery shopping while Greg took Kaden and Tyson out to wash and sheer Kaden's lamb. The fair is coming up this week! Kaden is doing much better with his lamb this year, I guess he is growing up. Today was really a great day. We slept in (which is always great). We had breakfast, worked on a homework poster that Tyson needs to get done, got dinner prepared, and then went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. They cancelled church today, and had two different sessions at the stake center that you could choose between to attend. Luckily both boys are over 8 now so they could attend. We attended the 3:00 session, and it was so amazing. The talks were so good, and you could really feel the spirit. I have decided I am very ungrateful. Many of the speakers told amazing stories of sacrifice that different saints have gone through in order to attend the temple. And here I sit with a temple 20 minutes away, and I complain about how busy I am and how hard it is for me to get there. Last week I attended the temple with the other Young Women leaders, and it was so worthwhile. But before I got there that day, all kinds of excuses kept going through my mind of how I could cancel going because of my schedule. I need to make sure and remind myself to get my priorities in order.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey Sherri! Its Nicole (Stevenson). I peeked in on your blog and my goodness you have had a very busy summer! Looks like fun! I am laughing at the picture of Kayden Shearing his lamb because I would recognize that long hairy arm helping him anywhere :) Hope you're all doing well! Good Luck with School this year!
Oh and we have a blog too, but its private. Email me if you want to see it!
nicure@gmail.com