
We met at the church as 6:30 this morning to take off to Camp Kiesel which is up Ogden Canyon. It was way too early for our family after getting used to sleeping in this summer! This picture was taken right as we got to the camp....ready to begin the day!

The first station the boys got to do was "wrist rockets". They all had their safety glasses on and thought they were quite the sharp shooters.

Their second station was shooting bb guns. Both of the boys thought this was fun, since they don't have bb guns at home yet. We will have to invest in some so that their aim can improve!

The third stop was archery. Both of the boys each scored two bulls-eyes...maybe we should forget bb guns and go straight for bows and arrows? Kaden didn't want to try to shoot them because the scout leaders had warned them about getting fiber-glass slivers if you rubbed on the arrows with your hands. I guess they really hurt and you can't see them, so Kaden didn't want to touch the arrows. When he got over it, he did really well shooting.


At this station the boys got to make leather arrowhead necklaces. They pounded designs in the leather, added beads to the strings, and glued rocks on at the end. Pretty stylish! After this station, they went to the Nature Walk and Knots station. They took the boys on a walk and showed them different plants, and then had them practice tying some knots. After this station, we got to have lunch. The boys were so excited! Getting up so early and being on the go had them feeling famished.

Right after lunch the boys got to go out on the water. Both the boys agreed that it was a lot more difficult than they had anticipated to steer the boat. They spent some of their time going in circles. After this station, they let the boys go and buy things from the trading post.

The obstacle course was the last station of the day. Some of the boys in our group really struggled crossing this rope bridge, but not the Madson brothers! They both cruised across like it was no big deal. I told them the reason why I didn't cross was so that I wouldn't show both of them up.

The Webelos at the end of the day.

The Wolf and Bear groups at the end of the day. It was a great day camp. I had whined about having to drive so far and get up so early....but it was an incredibly beautiful camp, and the activities were amazing. But....now I am tired!
2 comments:
Looks like a great day camp! I would not have gotten in the boat either!! :)
It just amazes me to see how busy your family is! I love it. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment