Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catching Up

I should never wait so long between blog posts.....too much happens and then it is almost overwhelming to try and blog all of the events. On the afternoon of the 11th, Jayson and Kassi came to town. They had promised Kaden some quality time since they had missed when he was made a deacon. We went to Logan to see a movie, but the movie Kaden wanted to see was not there anymore, so we ended up going to the Fun Center. We started out by bowling. They had bumpers up for Kaden and Tyson. Well, Kassi was kicking everyone's rear ends! She is quite the bowler. I knew I wasn't going to win, but I think it started to bug Greg and Jayson! So, Jayson and Greg noticed that on the corner of the scoring screen it showed how fast the ball was moving. So the two of them started a contest to see who could bowl the fastest. Greg was winning, and Jayson was throwing for all he was worth to try and beat him. One time down the lane, Greg used a lighter ball to get greater velocity, and the ball didn't come off his fingers. So, he crossed the line and the buzzer started beeping and then he lost his balance and fell down face first. Sadly, we all laughed, which wasn't very nice since he recently had back surgery....but luckily he was ok! After bowling, we had pizza and then went on to do some laser tagging! Jayson won that round, but I did take second! Sunday the 12th we took off to go and visit Dave, Kristen and the girls in Erda. We had not seen where they lived and thought it would be fun to visit. It was great to see their new home and meet up with the girls they live with again. Then we were back on for another busy week. Kaden is clogging, both boys have scouting, Tyson has football most nights, I have classes on Thursday nights for my reading endorsement, etc. On Friday night was Bear River's homecoming game. Greg and the boys went and I stayed home to clean house, do laundry and mow the lawn. I picked the boys up at half-time because Kaden had called me complaining about all of the mosquitoes. I guess during the half-time show three boys came out on the field streaking! It has been the talk of the town this past week. Saturday morning Tyson had a football game against Box Elder. I am not sure to be humored or shocked by some of the coaches tactics. One of the coaches had come to practice with a Box Elder shirt on. He told the boys if they won the game Saturday they could burn the shirt. Another coach piped in and told them if they lost, he was bringing a marker to mark an "S" on their foreheads for sissy. And then we wonder where the rivalry comes from! Tyson's team did win.....yeah no mark on his forehead! Saturday evening we took off for Pocatello. Carter had his primary program on Sunday morning, and we wanted to be there to watch. Mom let us come and spend the night with her. We ended up having Maddie and Makenzie come with us while Dave and Kris went to the USU game with the girls from their home. It was fun to get to visit with family. Carter did his part like a pro in the program. He spoke up loud and clear and was so cute. I am sure the people around us were a little annoyed with all the kids going from person to person....but it was still fun. We came home Sunday afternoon, and then ended up driving to Ogden to drop the girls back off to Dave and Kris. Sunday night Tyson started complaining his mouth hurt. He got louder and louder as the night went on. None of us got to sleep until about 3 in the morning (he was screaming....and he is not quiet!). I stayed home from work on Monday and took him to the doctor. The Dr. said he has a virus that is from the Herpes family. It seems to be going around. He had sores on his tongue and along his gum line. Tyson knew that Monday night the neighbors were having a bbq for family home evening and that the Punt, Pass and Kick competition was that night. We have a rule that if you don't go to school, you don't get to do anything that evening, so he went to school for about the last hour. Greg took Tyson to the competition while I ran to a meeting in Brigham. Tyson won the 10-11 year old division and gets to now go on in October to the state competition. We had the bbq and had lots of fun. Last night the boys and I made lots of caramel popcorn and made lots of thank you notes for people that bought, boosted, and helped them with their lambs and took them around. Today after school was Kaden's clogging, and Tyson's football. I ran and did my visiting teaching and ran some treats around to my Sunbeam class to let them know I am excited about watching their primary program on Sunday. I am not sure when life will slow down.....but maybe that is not something I should look forward to. Life seems to pass by so quick!

4 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

I hope you are using this post as one of your entries for your writer's notebook, because that was a lot of writing. I am just about to do the same thing.

Alison said...

You have been super BUSY! Thanks for the call tonight. I really do appreciate you keeping my child out of the garbage!

Julie said...

You are the Sunbeam teacher?! I love it!!! That is a TON of stuff to remember - you did a good job :)

Hess Bunch said...

That was alot to read....sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy, but having LOTS of fun!