
My friend Jamie and I were discussing how fast summer is flying by. We both were feeling bad that some of the things on our "list of summer fun things" were not complete. One of those things was visiting Hogle Zoo. Neither of us had gone yet, and as we talked we found out that neither of our husbands is a fan of the zoo. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I LOVE to visit the zoo. So, today, we packed up our kids and headed out! Here are the kids entering the zoo for a fun day!

I told the kids as we entered that everyone had to pick their favorite animal and have their picture taken with it. Tyson likes all the different kinds of monkeys!

The kids swore this one was eating his own droppings.....yuck!

Spider monkeys!

They have this big elephant by the elephant displays. When you push on it, it makes loud noises and sprays. For some reason, Tyson was entertained by it.

Kaden has always loved elephants....so I was not surprised when this is the animal he chose to have his picture taken with.

This is the baby elephant, Zuri. He was trying to eat a pineapple, and it was quite entertaining to watch!

Here is Zuri's mom, eating most of the fruit before he could get to it.....our kids are lucky to have nicer moms!

Kenzie and MaKayden both said the penguins were their favorite....Tayler started off saying it was hers too....but she changed her mind later.

Here is Kenzie getting swallowed by a lion!

I decided my favorite was the giraffe. I think they are really weird looking! They are fun to watch. I said since they were so strange, they gave me more self-esteem about myself!

To the left of Jamie is the Snow Leopard. She said it was her favorite. Below I tried to take a closer picture of it.

Everyone was hot....so sno-cones were a favorite.

As we walked by, the kids said, "Hello" to this bird, and it said "Hello" back. So of course they had to stay awhile and try to get it to keep talking.

Tayler decided flamingos were her favorite!

I don't know if you can tell, but there is a Meer Cat leaning right up against his buddy in this picture. I thought it was cute!

The alligator.

Look at all the muscles!!!

Tyson and Kaden seeing how they measure up next to the gorillas.

We had to ride the train....it is a tradition. But, I swear the ride used to last longer! I am not sure if they shortened the length, or if it is just because it goes faster....but this was one quick ride!

Kaden and Tyson enjoying the ride!

And the end of the zoo experience....getting wet! We had a fun day. Tyson was a few minutes late getting back to practice because of road construction on the way home....but we know the coach....and he was just happy he didn't have to go to the zoo with us!
1 comment:
That Snow Leopard is really good at blending in, isn't he? Thanks for a fun day! We will have to plan another adventure!
Post a Comment