Friday, August 31, 2012

While We were in Steamboat....Kittens!







While we were in Steamboat, our awesome neighbors, the Austins, sent us a text that our cat had had kittens.   The top six pictures are of the new kittens about a week after we had been home.  The bottom two pictures were taken today, Aug.31st.  On Tuesday night, I heard some kids' voices in the garage.  I didn't think anything of it, as Tyson brings little kids home with him all the time to pet the kittens.  After a few minutes, I went out to check on things because I heard some loud yelling. 
Two of the little neighborhood boys were outside.  One of them had a kitten held around the middle and was swinging it around his head.  I yelled for him to put it down.  Well, he did.  But I found out later he had dropped it a couple of times while playing with it.  The kitten couldn't move.  I think its back was broken.  It was a sad night at our house.  Kaden had  taken the kittens outside to play on the grass just a couple of hours before and was pretty upset about it.  Tyson was mad at the little boy for a little while until we explained he was just little and didn't really understand what he was doing.  Sad day.  But we still have five kittens to give away soon.

No comments: