4 years ago
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Kaden
While Greg and Tyson were in Arizona, Kaden and I had a lot of free time on our hands. We went to see the movie, The Lorax with a couple of his friends, we cleaned the house from top to bottom (I know, that one wasn't very exciting for him), and watched a couple of other movies from home. On Friday, Kaden called and asked Ryan if we could keep Kami and Carter overnight. Ry's family was in Salt Lake on Thursday night and Friday buying a van for their family. Ry got to our house later than he had anticipated on Friday because of snags in the sale, so Kami was already asleep. Carter ended up staying with us though. That night he chose to sleep with me. As we were in my bed he told me he was glad he had chosen to be with me. I told him I was glad too. Then he said, "But now I think I will go and stay with Kaden." Funny kid! Saturday we got up and headed to Pocatello to visit. We had made cinnamon rolls on Friday night so that we could take some to Greg's mom since she has such a sweet tooth lately. We stopped and saw her and ran a few errands. I then took the two boys to McDonalds. When Ryan and the kids got to our house Friday night (Kristen had gone on to Provo to pick up her sister) I had made white bean chicken chili for dinner. Carter did not want that for dinner, so he had Marshmallow Matey cereal. He mostly only ate the marshmallows out of it. In the morning he asked if he could just have a treat instead of eating breakfast. I told him he needed some sort of breakfast food first. He decided on toast. Before we left town I stopped at a store to buy a headband for a baby gift I was taking, and bought him a sprite and skittles. Little did I know he had not eaten the toast. So I had done a great job feeding the boy. We had a good visit with my parents and Terrell and Ann. Also during the week Kaden came home with his report card. His grades were really good, but what he was really proud of was his citizenship grades. He had set a goal to get all honors and had achieved it. I told him I thought that was worth $5. He said he would rather I took him out to dinner. I told him that was fair. Little did I know that meant going to Maddox for dinner where he had salmon, a seafood cocktail with shrimp, and strawberry pie. $60 later with him full, I decided I had been had! It was fun to get some time talking with him though. This week Kaden had a piano recital. At the beginning of the program, his teacher was talking about the wide variety of students she has. She told the audience how she has one student who can pick out tunes and play them. Then she mentioned Kaden's name. When it was his turn to play, he did awesome. My parents and Kristen and her two girls all came to support him. Kenzie was hilarious. She kept wanting it to be "my turn" to play the piano. One of the songs Kaden played was the theme of the Angry Birds game. After he finished, his teacher told the audience how she had nothing to do with that song because he had figured out how to play it on his own. At the end of the recital Kaden and I played a duet. I was sick to my stomach with nerves having to play in front of people. Kaden didn't want us to use any music, but I had to have it. After we played, his teacher had a vase of flowers that she had him take a rose out of and give to me. It was pretty sweet. Kaden is sure a talented young man. He is growing up fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment