
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Today at school, a bunch of us lady teachers dressed as a coven of witches. That was pretty fun! My student council kids each brought an item to put on a table for the school kids to feel. We had brains (spaghetti), skin (flour tortillas with a little oil), toes (baby carrots), teeth (candy corn), hearts (peeled tomato), eyes (peeled grapes), and worms (gummy worms moistened). The kids decorated around the table and I had a fog machine going. Greg and I went the night before and set up a couple of ladders with a pole between to hang a curtain we put slits in for the kids to put their hands inside. It turned out pretty fun. After school, the boys and I hurried over to the middle school for the ward trunk or treat. We gave out cans of pop, candy, and glow in the dark vampire teeth. We came home after. Tyson headed out trick or treating with the neighbors, and Kaden headed over to his friend Kyle's house to help with a haunted alley they did. Tyson ended up going over there later also. When Greg went to pick them up, they had a huge crowd and he was surprised at how awesome it was. The boys talked him into letting them stay another half hour. So, when that time was up, Greg and I both went over. The line had finally diminished, so the boys hurried and had everyone take their places again so they could take me through. It was pretty creepy! They love scaring me half to death. Boys! We actually had about 30 trick-or-treaters this year. Last year our doorbell didn't even ring once. I guess we are finally getting enough houses for people to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment