Saturday, November 6, 2010

Madison

Wednesday afternoon Dave, Kris, Madison, and Makenzie came to town for a short trip. They were getting ready to close on their home here in Tremonton that they sold. The kids had early out at school and I had a meeting. Greg took Dave, Madison, and Tyson golfing while Kaden was at clogging, I was working, and Kris and Makenzie were hanging out. They had golf carts on the course. I guess Maddie kept trying to drive, so Greg made sure and turned off the cart when they went up to putt. Well, I guess Maddie turned the key and pressed on the gas hard. The cart took off and Dave took off running (and I guess he is a lot faster runner than he has ever let on about before). She barely missed a tree and almost ditched the cart before Dave caught her and saved a catastrophe. I guess it was pretty scary, but later it was kind of funny to hear about (knowing that it had a happy ending). Later that night, we were downstairs and Maddie kept bringing me books to read to her. The boys had headed to bed, and Maddie decided she was hungry. I took her upstairs for some yogurt. While she was eating she asked, "Grandma, did you ever read to your daughter?" I told her yes I did. She asked, "Did she keep asking if you would read another book?" I told her yes, she loved books. She asked, "Did you always read more books?" I told her we read lots of books, but sometimes I would have to say no more for tonight. Maddie asked, "What would your daughter say?" I told her she generally said, OK mom. Then she asked, "Did she say that so she wouldn't get in trouble?" I told her that her mom didn't like to get in trouble and said, "You don't like to get in trouble either do you?" To which she answered, "Well if someone would just teach me to drive, I wouldn't get in trouble." I just love the thought process of this kiddo!

1 comment:

Hess Bunch said...

She is seriously one of the cutest, most creative kids ever! You totally got to love her. So glad that she didn't get hurt at the golf course.