Saturday, December 5, 2009

Too Old for Santa?

Right after school yesterday, the boys and I ran to Brigham to watch some cute girls play their freshman basketball game. Mishae Nelson (good friend and old neighbor), Madison Scoffield (one of my young women), and Rylee Hodge (I have known since she was born) were all playing for the Bears. They each did really well in the game. Afterwards we hurried home to wrap a present for MaKayden Kent's birthday party that Tyson was going to attend. After we dropped him off at the pizza place, Greg needed to go and cover the town's festival of trees. Kaden and I went along for the ride. We thought it was going to be a quick job, but after we got there, we found out that Greg had to stay for over an hour until Santa came so that he could take pictures. Kaden and I would have probably rethought the proposition if we would have known that! When Santa showed up, I kept trying to get Kaden to go and see him. He thinks he is too old for Santa this year. Well....Santa showed him! He came and got Kaden! I am the one laughing in the background at the way Kaden is trying to shrink into himself so that he won't be embarrassed! This morning Greg had to go and cover the ping pong toss downtown. They throw out ping pong balls that have discounts at area merchants on them. That meant that I got to sit in Greg's store for him. Santa arrived on a fire truck at the fire station. The two boys went and helped Greg give out sacks of candy, peanuts, and oranges to the kids that came to visit Santa. Believe it or not, we got to have a family picture with Santa after I closed the store up......so when I get that picture, I will post it....just so we can prove that Kaden is not too old to sit on Santa's lap!

No comments: