The end of the year arrived yesterday. Kaden convinced me that he needed to have a SHORT....SMALL... party to celebrate the end of the school year. I arranged for us to use McKinley for the party spot. On the way to the party, I found out that he had given out invitations that said the party was lasting 3 hours long. I must admit that made me grown. On the last day of school I am always bushed! Greg had taken Tyson to Salt Lake for a basketball practice. At one point during the party I counted 45 kids there. There were more total (some came early and had to leave, others arrived later, etc.) so I am not sure what the count actually was. The kids are great though. I should have reminded myself Kaden has great choice in friends and that it would be fine that I was chaperoning by myself. The only problem we encountered were a few kids that came through on their bikes that were older and wanted to pick a fight. One of them was a former student of mine, so I just went out and talked for a while with them. Kaden had tons of fun activities planned and the kids had lots of pizza and snacks. Bring on the summer!
They had a speed tournament. They had jars of candy that you guessed how many candies were inside.
They played a lot of football.
They had a pie eating contest with a gum ball in the bottom of the pie tin. The first person to get the gum and blow a bubble (no hands) was the winner.
They had an egg tossing contest. After tossing the eggs the contestants had to take more and more steps backward until they were really far apart.
Kaden cut up a bunch of Greg's big leaf garbage bags for ponchos (needless to say, not a very popular thing to do in Greg's eyes). But, as you can tell with the shirt below, the ponchos were actually needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment