I think I am trying to pack too much into this summer. Before I know it, it will be gone, and I will be wondering where it went. We seem to spend way too much time in the car....but there have been some really fun times too. Last week, after I had Maddie and Kenzie for the night, we drove back to Salt Lake on Tuesday for another double header of baseball games. Tyson's team won both games, and they are really playing well. Kris and Dave came and got the girls after the first game, and they were filthy! I really did take them to the game clean! We came home late Tuesday night. Wednesday we were off to another baseball game in Salt Lake. We got home about 10:30 p.m. and Ryan, Kristen, Carter and Kamdyn showed up about 11:00. We talked for an hour or so before we all went to bed. Thursday morning Ry's family took off to Salt Lake to the Children's Museum at the Gateway. When Greg got off work around noon we headed to Salt Lake also. We did a little shopping before meeting up with them at the planetarium. We did a little shopping at the Gateway and the kids had fun in the fountains. Luckily, Kristen took some good pictures and sent them to me. Carter was just as big as Kaden and Tyson as he went through. Tyson kept acting like it was no big deal....and then he would get blasted by a fountain and have to be tough and act like it didn't take him by surprise. Kamdyn wanted in on all the fun, so I took her out for while to touch the water. Kristen took her out later also, but she wasn't a big fan of the shooting geysers.


After our fun at the Gateway, Greg and I and the boys headed over to check in at our hotel, and then we met up at Jayson and Kassi's house after they got off from work for dinner. They made us grilled pizzas out on their grill, and it was really yummy. They just finished planting their yard and garden. It is looking great. After dinner, we sat around and talked for a while, until Greg and I were about dozing off on the coaches, so we headed back to the hotel for some sleep. Friday morning we got up and headed over to the recycling plant where Kassi works. We had a mini- field trip, where she showed us all the huge machinery and explained how they recycle and ship. It was really interesting. Afterward, we headed for a fun day at Lagoon. Dave, Kristen, Madison and Makenzie met up with us there. It was so fun to have the whole family together doing something fun. I was really glad Ryan organized the whole trip for all of us.


The first ride we got on after we arrived was the new BonBara. It is a small coaster, but it is really smooth and fun. I was glad that Carter and Madison were tall enough to ride it.

Here are Madison (who had a bloody nose), Grandpa, Kenzie, and Dave after riding the Log Ride.

Here are Carter, Ryan, and Tyson after arriving safely at the bottom. I am a party pooper and don't like to ride the rides that get you all wet.

This boat ride was Kamdyn's favorite ride.

Carter and Maddie really liked the Puff roller coaster, but I don't think it was such a hit for Kenzie. She kept wanting to ride more rides though!


One of my favorite parts of the day was taking the grandkids on the train ride. Kamdyn had just woken up from a nap, and decided not to come with me, but the other three were so enthusiastic as we rode along and looked at all of the animals. Their enthusiasm is contagious! Kaden looks so enthused in his photo, but he had fun too. I love the expression on Kenzie's face. She is so dramatic when I ask her to pose.

And the big boys thought the fountains were fun too.

Dave and Kris took their kids back to the hotel a few minutes before the rest of us left the park. Ryan and Kristen had walked down to ride one last ride, and we were in charge of the kids. Kaden, Tyson and Carter decided to start running through Lagoon's fountains. It was a little bit chilly, but they didn't seem to mind! Saturday morning we got up and Kaden and Tyson swam at the pool at the hotel for a little while. Tyson had double header baseball games in the afternoon. After his games, we all met up at a park in Sugarhouse and the kids all fed the ducks and everyone played some wiffle ball.

It was a really fun vacation/reunion. Saturday night Ryan's family followed us home and spent the night. They attended church with us on Sunday. Monday it was back to reality. I had a ten hour class on Monday and another one on Tuesday. Since then I have been frantically doing homework for these classes. Next week I have a four day Core Academy before the next week with two more ten hour classes. Who ever said that teacher have the whole summer off.
No comments:
Post a Comment